(Updated for September 1, 2012)
Welcome to The RG2E – a unique new way for Indie Epublished Authors to Reach Readers
The Reader’s Guide to Epublishing (RG2E) is thrilled to offer you the opportunity to become one of our RG2E Featured Authors.
I’ve made some wonderful changes to The RG2E Featured Author Program!
Here’s the scoop:
After just 7 months, I’ve built The RG2E – The WG2E’s Sister Site – to a devoted fan base of over 500 readers, and we’re growing each and every month! I say 500 because that’s what our stats show as our true “sneezer” base, meaning this is the number of peeps who actively participate on the site every day (Facebook and Twitter too) and spread the news about all of the wonderful Ebooks and Authors they’re “meeting” and reading via RG2E!
And speaking of Ebooks…I’ve now Ebook Gifted over $10,000-worth of Ebooks on The RG2E and given away going on 10 Ereaders!!!
But here’s the thing…
I’ve had sooo many Authors write to me about letting them Ebook Gift their own books via RG2E so that they as the Authors get credit for Gifting Readers and not just me.
I thought about it, and I totally agree that this would be the next logical step
to growing the site for readers and for all of our fabulous RG2E Featured
So, here’s what my DH (Darling Husband) and I have come up with…
Beginning September 1, 2012, there will no longer be a $25 Sponsorship Fee to be a Featured Author on The RG2E!!!
That’s right…it’s now FREE to be an RG2E Featured Author!!!
All that’s required for you to be an RG2E Featured Author is that you write a fabulous reader-focused post featuring your book and agree to Ebook Gift our RG2E Readers the day of your Feature. And yes, you can choose how many copies to Ebook Gift, based on your own budget.
Now that’s a great opportunity, right?!
For all of you who’ve already paid for a Sponsorship(s), no worries, I will
continue to Ebook Gift the books you’ve already signed up for at my expense on the days you’ve previously been assigned as our Featured Author.
So, here’s your chance…
Email us at rg2e(at)live(dot)com with the dates you’d like to be our RG2E Featured Author, and we’ll get you on our calendar. You can give us any dates from September 2012 thru December 2013, and as many dates as you’d like.
For example, if you’d like to feature one of your books each month, then we’ll schedule you a monthly slot. We would suggest you feature the same book no more than once per month to keep a fabulous variety for our readers.
Once you’ve been given a date by my DH, please email us your Guest Post as well as any images you’d like included at least a week prior to your Feature. Also, let us know how many copies you’ll be Ebook Gifting so we can include that in your post.
***Note: It’s perfectly fine to also use your Featured Post for any FREE Days you have on KDP Select or other platforms too. And for any events you have coming up…like the next Beach Book Blast. So, if you need a block of dates for a multi-author event…just let us know that too.
So, email us with the dates you want.
Let’s see…what else can I tell you about this new approach?
Oh, for all of you superfab International Authors who can’t Ebook Gift yet using either the Kindle or Nook platforms (You should be able to Ebook Gift Internationally on Kobo and Smashwords.)…We’ve worked out that you can PayPal me the amount you’d like to Ebook Gift, and I’ll do the Gifting for you in your name. That way, you can treat readers too and benefit from the part you get back in royalties.
For samples of what I mean by Reader-Focused Posts, just browse through many of our Sunday Posts on RG2E and our RG2E Guest Author Posts, and you’ll get a feel for what kinds of superfab fun connections you can make with readers.
Also, do consider treating our readers to more than Ebooks too! In other words, our readers luuuvvv terrific “stuff” too, like T-shirts, mugs, and any cool tchotchkes that relate to your Ebooks and Brand.
Your book will not only be featured here on The RG2E site, but also be sent out to our Facebook fans and Twitter peeps too.
Here’s what two Bestselling Indie Epub Authors said regarding the creation of The RG2E:
“RG2E is a fantastic idea, especially with more and more readers looking for quality ebooks. Fantastic!” — Bestselling Author Talli Roland
“…you’re the living definition of creative, innovative, constructive. And you don’t just talk, you DO!” — NYTimes Bestselling Author Ruth Harris
Please keep in mind the following:
There are also a variety of ways that you yourself can help your featured Ebook(s) succeed. For example: when your our RG2E Featured Author, use all of your social networking platforms to spread the word. We will of course Facebook and Tweet the link to your feature, but you can too. Also, ask your followers and peeps to “Like” the post, re-tweet it as well as leave a comment. And by all means, blog about your experiences with RG2E and email us with the links to your blog posts and/or email us your results so we can continue to gather data on our demographics as well as on the success of our efforts.
The more click-throughs on your post, the more traffic you’re generating, the bigger the buzz you’re building and the better shot you’ve got at increasing your long tail sales well beyond your RG2E featured date.
We would also suggest that you take a look at your production schedule for the entire year and consider submitting now for RG2E Features for the rest of the year and 2013 too. That way, you’ll have a better chance of getting dates that match your other promotion schedules.
Also, keep in mind that Ebooks are forever, so it’s not necessary to book your spots for just the week of your book’s release. In fact, we would suggest you try a few months beyond your release date too to give a book an additional boost after it’s been out for a while.
Unlike most Ereader-Centric Blogs, we will NOT be focusing on reviews…not how many you have nor what your average star-ranking shows. Why? (1) If you’re a brand new Indie Epub Author, you more than likely don’t have many reviews. (2) If you’re a bestselling Indie Epub Author, you’ve more than likely been a target of Nasty Reviewers who post reviews showing it’s very obvious they’ve not read your book, but are simply crapping on you because you’re an Indie Epub Author. Here at The RG2E, we simply don’t believe that a book’s quality is necessarily determined by the reviews it receives.
Also…Since we’re a brand new site, we’re not sure yet what our reader demographics will be. That said, however, not all genres will have the same results. Many of the Ereader-Centric Blogs already out there note their highest percentage of readers are 35 to 55-year-old women, but there are readers of all ages, gender, marital status, etc. You may want to keep this in mind when deciding which book you would like to submit.
Another thing to consider…Promoting a book that has been recently Free may not work because many readers may have already downloaded it for Free. That said, if you’re making your book Free for the first time, here at The RG2E, go for it!!!
For each RG2E Featured Author:
- We will include your Reader-Focused Post and Ebook in our daily Ebook of The Day (EOTD) post – which goes live around 2:30 AM Central Time (U.S.) – using the post you give us.
- We suggest you include information about you, the author, so that RG2E Readers learn more about you. The RG2E is an Author-Reader Interactive site, and the more our readers get to know you, the more likely it is that they’ll not only enjoy the book you’re featuring on your given day but perhaps seek out your backlist titles too.
- Your post will be highlighted on The RG2E’s Home Page while your book is an Ebooks of The Day feature. This will be seen by all RG2E visitors and by those who subscribe to The RG2E’s daily email.
- A post about your Feature will also be added to our Facebook Page.
- We will also tweet about it on Twitter.
- You choose the amount you’d like to spend and YOU actually Ebook Gift your featured Ebook to RG2E Readers via Amazon Kindle, Nook, Kobo, iTunes or Smashwords.
- Following your Feature, because of the way we’ll be tagging each feature and then instructing RG2E Readers how to search our site using those tags, you will maintain visibility on The RG2E within your chosen genres long after your featured date.
To be considered as a possible RG2E Featured Author, please email the following information to…
- Author name
- The name of your book
- Cover (jpg) – preferred size 600 X 900
- Links to your book on all sites where it can be purchased (Amazon, B&N Nook, Smashwords, Sony, Kobo, iPad, etc.).
- Price of your book
- Choose two genres your book fits in (perhaps the two you chose when uploading your book to Amazon).
- Choose seven tags for your book (again, feel free to use the tags you chose on either Amazon or Nook)
***Example: genres – humorous mystery, romantic comedy; tags – dd scott, bootscootin’ books, cozy cash mysteries, 99 Cent Ebooks, romance, action/adventure, women sleuths
- Your Reader-Focused Post
- A description of your book (what you used for either Amazon or Nook is fine)
- Word Count
- Is this book part of a series? If so, please list the other titles in the series (in order)
- A brief Author Bio (one to two short paragraphs) and Author Photo (jpg)
- Please also tell us which date you would like to be featured. We will make every effort to give you the date you request, but if that date is already taken for your genre, you will be given the next available date. If you do not state a preference for a date then you will receive the next available date. This is determined on a first come, first serve basis except in cases where we have special promotions or events planned.
- Include the links for your website(s) as well as for all your social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, Pinterest, etc.
***Note: Please read this entire page carefully so you give us everything we need to make the most of your RG2E Feature.
RG2E Rules and Regulations for Featured Guests and Ebooks:
- Your book must be available on one or more of the following sites: Amazon, Nook, Smashwords, Sony, Kobo, or iPad.
- If your book is a short story or novella, this fact will be identified in your feature promotions.
- We need to know which book you will be promoting before it will be scheduled (of course it’s more than fine to book ahead for future releases, just give us as much info as you can when you submit then have the rest of the required information to us within 10 days prior to your featured date).
- We reserve the right to refuse any book for any reason for inclusion in our features. Examples of books that could be rejected are books that are pornographic, have graphic sex scenes, soft core porn, contain controversial subject matter, are offensive to any race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or lifestyle, etc. If a book looks objectionable, we may review it first.
- We reserve the right to refuse and/or remove any author whose actions (past, present or future) do not represent The RG2E’s goal of treating all readers and writers with respect, professionalism and basic human decency.
- Although we allow books at any price, it’s probably best to feature a title around $2.99 or less, especially since our advertising will focus on showcasing Bargain Ebooks, and that’s what most of our RG2E Readers will be looking for. Plus, you can Ebook Gift more copies at those kinds of prices. :-)
Once we’ve verified that your Feature and Book(s) pass all the requirements we’ve stated above, you will be notified whether or not your Post has been accepted and if it has, you will be provided with the date you’re scheduled to be promoted on The RG2E.
We will make every effort to get back to you within five (5) business days to let you know if your Feature has been accepted and when your Post is scheduled to be on The RG2E.
Thanks sooo very much for your interest in RG2E’s Featured Author Program!
We look forward to being able to partner with you!
Nothin’ beats Writers Helping Writers Reach Readers!
The Best of The RG2E Reaching Readers Wishes — D. D. Scott, Founder of The RG2E, and Her DH Too :-)